We took a bit of a break over the holidays and I'm happy to be jumping back in this week. I know a lot of people set resolutions for the new year, but I prefer to set some goals. Resolutions seem so black and white. Like, if you mess up, it's done – you failed. A goal is something you're continuously working towards. I thought I would start out the New Year sharing some of our goals for 2017.
2016 brought a lot of change for our little family: Charlie started full-day Kindergarten, Owen started Preschool, and we moved into a new house. I cannot wait to see what 2017 brings!
- Slim down. This year I will finally start to work on losing this weight and becoming a healthier me. Stay tuned for lots of updates on this throughout the year!
- Eat breakfast! As a busy mom, I often forget about eating breakfast, but it is the most important meal of the day! A quick grab-and-go breakfast I'm loving right now is a belVita Breakfast Biscuit that I picked up a my local Walmart.
There are several flavor options available including: belVita Breakfast Biscuit Bites in Cinnamon Brown Sugar, belVita Breakfast Biscuits in Toasted Coconut or Blueberry, and belVita Breakfast Sandwiches in Strawberry Yogurt or Vanilla Yogurt. Yum! Paired with some fresh fruit and a yogurt makes for a great breakfast (and four hours of steady energy that this Mom so desperately needs)! Be sure to save some money and grab this .50 ibotta rebate!
- Read to the kids more. We used to be really good about it, but since the move, it's fallen by the wayside. I just reorganized their books and we're off to a great start!
- Organize our closet. At the new house, Tom and I share a closet and it's definitely a little cramped in there and not exactly working for us at the moment. I think a closet organization system would work great.
- Exercise five days a week. This could be at the gym or using one of the workout dvds I have at home.
- Read five books. I loved reading and read pretty consistently before we had the boys. I'm making more time for myself this year and getting some reading in! This one is at the top of my list.
- Sort through unneeded things. We have a ton of boxes right now in our basement and the outside sheds that we need to go through and get rid of items we no longer need. I'm over all the “stuff”.
- More Date Nights. I miss date nights with my husband. We're always in Mommy and Daddy mode. This year we will find someone to watch them and accept more offers from our parents so we can go out.
- Keep in touch with my family more. I always think I need to visit so-and-so or call them, but life gets in the way I don't follow through with it. This year, I'm hoping to change that.
- Go back to school. I had planned on going back last Fall, but financially it did not work at that time. This Fall, it will happen.
I would love to hear some of your goals for this year! Leave a comment below.