You can make a delicious sorbet at home with just a few ingredients! No ice-cream maker needed!
This is a sponsored post for Juicy Juice, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
The weather is warming up and we're ready to get out and about. That said, we're not exactly able to do that as much given the current situation here in 2020.
We're lucky enough to live on an acre of land and the kids certainly do their best to use it.
One thing they really love to do outside?
I don't really know what's so exciting about eating outside, but it always involves cheering when we asking if they'd like to eat outside.
It doesn't have to be fancy either – just throw a blanket down on the ground or use the picnic table and bring the food outside.
Crackers, cheese, and fruit are perfect for a picnic lunch in the backyard. Don't forget the Juicy Juice!
Of course, you could always just enjoy a special sweet treat outside.
What is sorbet?
Sorbet is made from water, sugar, and fruit juice or puree. Unlike ice cream and sherbet, sorbet contains no milk, cream, or eggs.
How to Make Sorbet
Bring 2 cups of mango pieces, 1 cup of Juicy Juice 100% juice, and 1/2 cup of sugar to a simmer in a large saucepan over high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 6-8 minutes.
Transfer that mixture to a 9×13 baking dish and let cool to room temperature. This should take about 30 minutes.
Pop that in the freezer until it's solid. This should take about 3 or 4 hours.
Break up the frozen mixture and transfer to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and the consistency of sorbet. You can absolutely eat it like this (and we often do) – it's just more of a soft-serve.
Or you can transfer that creamy mixture to a loaf pan or an ice cream freezer container and freeze until firm.
This is so easy to make and I love that I know what's going in it – just fruit, 100% juice, and sugar! These are all things we have on-hand at all times anyway.
Make sure you check out the Juicy Juice site for more great recipes and fun activities, like this Summer Activity Picker.
- 2 cups mango pieces
- 1 cup Juicy Juice 100% juice, Kiwi Strawberry flavor
- ½ cup sugar
- Bring mango pieces, Juicy Juice 100% juice, and sugar to a simmer in a large saucepan over high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a 9x13 baking dish and let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Freeze until solid, 3 to 4 hours.
- Break up the frozen mixture and transfer to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and the consistency of sorbet.
- Transfer to a loaf pan or ice cream container and freeze 1 to 2 hours until firm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.