I received product to facilitate this post, but all opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.
When we were in Myrtle Beach in October, we visited Ripley’s Believe It or Not Odditorium. There are certainly some crazy things you can find in there! While walking through, I knew that this was something older kids would LOVE! I was happy to receive Ripley’s newest book and think it will be a great gift this year for one of Charlie’s older cousins.
With all new content, Reality Shock! is a mix of “can’t bear to look, but can’t look away” stories, people, facts and photos. It’s just the ticket for teens and tweens, whether they’re reluctant readers or constant page-turners.
This large hardcover, 256 page collector’s book will definitely catch your eye! It would make a great coffee table book because anyone that looks at it is going to want to open it. And once you open it, it’s hard to put down!
Reality Shock! delivers strange stories, bizarre bits and twisted tales like only Ripley’s Believe It or Not! can. The content ranges from cute to creepy; what’s “great!” to one reader is just plain “gross!” to another – that’s part of the fun of Reality Shock!
Sections in Reality Shock! include:
- ANIMALS – meet real-life wolf-man Werner Freund, who lives with a pack of wolves and feeds them directly from his mouth
- SPORTS – find out why the new British sport of bubble soccer is such a kick
- BODY – you won’t believe how a 56-year-old grandma can function with 18-inch long fingernails; she hasn’t cut them in 20 years!
- FEATS – Canadian Lonnie Bissonnette is like no other BASE jumper – he hurls himself off bridges in his wheelchair
- ART – learn about one photographer’s “Snot Shots” – they certainly are something to sneeze at
- FOOD – people at one festival dine on octopus – while it’s still alive!
Reality Shock! is the perfect gift for curious minds, thrill seekers, and anyone interested in exploring the world of the extraordinary. And the kids! They’ll love pouring over the weird, bizarre and fun stories from around the world – and relish the opportunity to gross out parents and friends. Mom and dad will be happy to see their child with a book that they can’t put down, and will likely be unable to resist the urge to flip through a few pages themselves!
Connect with Ripley’s:
Thanks to Ripley’s, one Mom’s Messy Miracles reader will win a copy of their own!
For more great gift ideas, visit the Holiday Gift Guide!