I know we’re starting to get into warmer weather, but I still love my slow cooker and soups! In the warmer months, we’re outside more and life gets a little crazier with sports, play dates at the park, and the hubby’s work schedule. When we get in from a busy day full of fun, I really do not want to worry about putting dinner together.
So, not only do slow cooker meals allow me to throw dinner together in the morning, but I don’t have to heat up the whole house cooking later! Win-Win!
I made this Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup with ground turkey, but you could substitute ground beef or omit mean all together for a meatless option.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen Lima beans or 1 (15-ounce) can Lima beans, drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen mixed vegetables or 2 (15-ounce) cans mixed vegetables, drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn off the cob or 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 cups carrots, sliced or 1 (15-ounce) can carrots, drained
- 4 pounds of peeled and diced whole tomatoes or 4 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomatoes and okra (optional)
- 2 cups water
- Cook ground turkey and onions until golden brown.
- Add to slow cooker along with all other ingredients.
- Cook on low for 4 hours