Thanks to Family Christian for sponsoring today’s craft. Affiliate links are included.
This past week it finally has felt like Spring may actually be around the corner! As you know, Charlie loves doing crafts and I love being able to display them around the house.
This weekend, we created a fun springtime craft using hand and fingerprints! Of course, Charlie loved getting the paint out, but Owen is taking after big brother and really got into it, too!
This was so simple to make (that’s my favorite kind of craft) and the boys really enjoyed it.
Did you know Family Christian carries craft supplies? We think about them for our Bibles, books and music, but they have a great selection of craft supplies, too!
To make this spring flowers handprint craft, you’ll need just a few things.
- fabric or permanent marker
- egg carton or paint tray
- Paint child’s hand and forearm green.
- Place it onto the canvas, making sure to press down on all of their fingers to create your stems for your flowers.
- If using multiple children, do one for each child.
- Allow to dry.
- Have child dip fingertip into paint color of their choosing.
- At the top of each green finger already on the canvas, paint a circle by dabbing their finger.
- Dip fingertip into another color and put a dab in the middle of the circle they just created.
- Repeat until all green finger stems have flowers.
- Allow to dry.
- With permanent marker or fabric marker, write “You will be like a watered garden – Isaiah 58:11”
- Don’t forget to put the kiddo’s name and date on the back!
- Hang and enjoy!
The entire verse can be found in your Bible at Isaiah 58:11
The Lord will always lead you,
satisfy you in a parched land,
and strengthen your bones.
You will be like a watered garden
and like a spring whose waters never run dry.
This is from the Holman Christian Standard Bible, which is the translation that Charlie’s Bible uses. We have the Big Picture Interactive Bible and it’s a great resource for kids.
We talked about how God makes everything grow, including us. Thanks to God, we have plants, trees, flowers and everything we need. God makes the sun and the rain that comes with Spring.
I love being able to decorate the house with our creations and change them out with the seasons.
Actually, everything on this shelf can be found at Family Christian. I love all of the Willow Tree figurines. We got Tom the Father and Son one for Christmas a couple of years ago (pre-Owen) and Tom got me the Quietly one this past Christmas. The mini plaques were just $1.99 and I grabbed them around Christmas, but they’re not a Christmas item.
Be sure to check out some other great crafts on Family Christian’s Arts & Crafts Pinterest Board.
We’ll be grabbing these ALEX TOYS Rock Pets Paint Kit with our next order. It’s a perfect craft for Spring!
What are some of your favorite crafts to celebrate Spring?