I'm one of those people that have to eat breakfast every day. Some people are content with a pastry of some kind, but I need something more substantial. I try to make eggs most days, but it is nice to be able to switch it up sometimes.
Our Steak & Egg Quesadilla is a great breakfast that is also perfect for a Breakfast for Dinner night. For dinner, I would probably serve this up with corn and a small salad.
- ½ lb shaved steak
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ bell pepper, sliced
- ½ small onion, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 6 flour tortillas
- Olive oil
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat
- Add the peppers and onions, saute for about 5 minutes
- Add the steak and seasonings, continue cooking until steak is browned, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan, set aside.
- Note* shaved steak cooks really fast, careful not to over cook or it will be chewy.
- Beat the egg and milk together, scramble in the skillet over medium low heat until cooked through. Remove, set aside.
- In the cleaned skillet, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet, sprinkle with shredded cheese, spoon on steak, peppers and egg, sprinkle with more cheese.
- Top with another tortilla, press down gently.
- Flip when golden brown on the bottom and brown the other side.
- Cut into 4 triangles using a pizza cutter !
- In a small bowl, mix together ½ mayonnaise with 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper powder (or use chipotle hot sauce)
- Add ¼ teaspoon minced garlic, a small squeeze of lime juice and salt & pepper to taste.
- Top with green onions.
Who doesn't love a quick dinner?!? I know we're always looking for easy meals that don't require a ton of prep and time. I can easily whip these up before running out the door for a game at night.
And as far as breakfast is concerned, we always have a few minutes for breakfast in the morning and these don't take much time at all!