This post was sponsored by Sunshine Sweet Corn as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Hello Spring! For me, Spring is all about fresh everything: grass, flowers, fruits, and veggies.
Did you know that you don't have to wait until Summer to get your fix of fresh corn? Sunshine Sweet Corn, grown in Florida, is available now – yes, even in April and May! Sunshine Sweet Corn is non-GMO, extra tender, and regulated for quality control.
You all should know by now that pasta pretty much reigns supreme in our house. Honestly, we could eat it several times a day, every day.
I found a delicious recipe on the Sunshine Sweet Corn site and re-created for our family. The Sweet Corn and Spring Vegetable Pasta would be perfect for brunch, a light lunch, or a side dish to bring to a backyard gathering.
- 8 ounces short whole grain pasta
- 3 ears Sunshine Sweet corn, husked
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 asparagus spears, sliced at an angle into 1-inch pieces
- ¾ cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- fresh thyme leaves
- (optional) a couple of cherry tomatoes sliced to toss on top
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and reserve ½ cup of the cooking water.
- While pasta is cooking, cut corn kernels off the cob and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat butter and oil until bubbly.
- Add shallot and saute until lightly browned.
- Add asparagus, corn, and peas and cook until heated through.
- Toss with pasta and cheese.
- Add in reserved cooking water and stir to create a creamy sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with thyme to serve.
I really never thought much about fresh corn in the Spring, but now that I know I can pick it up at my local grocer, I'll for sure be adding more fresh corn to our dishes this year!
Be sure to check out the Sunshine Sweet Corn site for more delicious recipes like this one!