Summer is all about the Sangria, right? You’re going to want a big pitcher of this Strawberry-Nectarine Tequila Sangria for your next party! Or… maybe just for an afternoon at home.
I very rarely order alcoholic drinks when we go out because the cost is usually ridiculously high for what you get. I can make a whole pitcher at home for about the same.
So…. that’s just what I did.
The thing about sangria is that it’s cheap and yummy! Don’t spend a bunch of money on a fancy bottle of wine. Something under $10 will work perfect. One bottle of wine makes enough sangria for about eight servings. And because sangria is so easy to drink, assume that each person will drink a few servings. Make sure you don’t run out, so get a bottle of wine for every two to three people you’ll be serving.
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 nectarines, sliced
- ½ cup Tequila
- 1 bottle of wine (I use Moscato or a sweet berry wine)
- 1 liter sparkling water
- Put sliced fruit into pitcher with tequila and wine.
- Stir to give it a good mix.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours (overnight is perfect).
- Taste and add a little fruit juice or simple syrup if you would like it sweeter.
- Add sparkling water to pitcher.
- Serve and enjoy responsibly.
Make sure your fruit is ripe or it won’t have enough juice to get the party started. Nectarines are one of my favorite fruits, so I love adding them into my sangria when i can.
Don’t forget to invite your friends over and share!
What kind of Sangria is your favorite?