I know the kids are going back to school soon or maybe they already have in your area, but it’s still 90° here and that means summer is still well alive in my eyes! When you think of summer eats and drinks, what do you think of? Berries and lemonade definitely come to mind for me!
Today we’re sharing an easy triple berry lemonade poke cake that will be great to bring along to parties or just a yummy dessert after dinner!
- 1 cup lemonade (raspberry, blackberry, strawberry will work great)
- 1 box cake mix
- ingredients to prepare cake mix as directed on box
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 small box strawberry gelatin
- 1 tub frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- Bake cake according to package, but substitute lemonade for water).
- Allow cake to sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a wooden skewer or the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes into your cake. The more holes, the merrier!
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- Make strawberry gelatin using 1 cup of boiling water, but then use cold lemonade to mix with when combining with gelatin powder.
- Pour gelatin over cake.
- Spread blueberries over cake.
- Top with thawed whipped topping.
It doesn’t get any more perfect for a refreshing summer dessert!
We used Blackberry Lemonade, but with all of the variations of lemonade readily available in the cooler these days, your triple berry choices are endless!
I promise you, this won’t last long! The strawberry lemonade gelatin that you pour over your cake makes it super moist and the blueberries and whipped topping keep it even light and airy!
What is one of your favorite summer desserts?