Mother’s Day is the day to celebrate Mom. She ends up with flowers, candy, cards, jewelry, and homemade gifts galore. Although she loves all those things, this is what Mom really wants for Mother’s Day.
- to be thought of (in advance)
- someone to clean up EVERYTHING
- all the laundry washed, dried, folded, and put away
- a hot bath (without bath toys)
- a nap
- to pee alone
- to catch up on all her tv shows (remember those? They’re not on Sprout, Disney, or Nick)
- dinner out (with no one eating off the kid’s menu)
- no temper-tantrums, screaming, or whining
- wine. wine. wine.
- potty-trained children
- hugs and kisses
- a gift card to go shopping for herself (without the kids in tow)
- time with the awesome family she made
Of course, a getaway to the spa or salon is always well received. And no mom will ever turn down the typical flowers, cards, and homemade gifts. We do love them, but we’d like some of the above too.