It's a brand new year full of endless possibilities. Looking for a great way to start the year off with a bang? Set a solid morning routine. Easier said than done, right? Chin up! It doesn't have to be hard to rock a morning routine, it just takes determination and a little bit of positivity.
Mornings can be hard enough on their own. Did you stay up too late the night before or have something to do the next day that you aren't looking forward to? We are all guilty of this. Are you unsure of what to prioritize in your day when you wake up? Been there.
Don't worry, there are steps that you can put in motion to help! Here are 8 Simple Ways to Jumpstart your Morning Routine:
- Give yourself a bedtime. Why do you think children have a bedtime set for them each and every night? It's because they need to be able to function properly the next day without breaking down. Same for adults, right? If you stop and think about your day, is there a point in time where you just hit that wall? Get some more rest, and that wall will break itself down and you won't have to worry about it at all.
- Set an alarm. Yep, wake up to that beeping every morning. Make yourself get out of bed. Do NOT hit snooze. Hitting snooze only allows you to postpone starting your day. Embrace it. Great tip? If you feel that you still need an extra boost to help you physically get out of bed in the AM, set your alarm somewhere across the room from you. That way, when it beeps, you literally have to get up to go and turn it off. Once you're up, you're up!
- Coffee it up. No shame in having a nice cup of joe to start your day. It's purpose is to give you that jolt of energy you need, so if you want it… drink it!
- Have some “you” time in the morning. Waking up earlier than anyone else in your home can be quite awesome. It allows you to fully wake up, think about your day and sit and visualize the steps to take achieve the best day possible. You can also use this time to exercise, read or just sit on the porch enjoying the fresh air. It's like a little pre-meditation with one's self before the rest of the house wakes up and it can help you start your day in a calm, relaxed state of mind.
- Eat! No matter what you do, put something in that tummy. Don't have your brain and your body running on empty for the entire day. Think of your car….if you don't provide it with fuel, it isn't going to run, right? Same with your body. If you fail to provide it with the items that it needs and craves, it will run out of steam very soon.You don't need to spend all morning making breakfast though! Jimmy Dean Simple Scrambles® is the perfect breakfast solution, ready in just a few minutes (with the help of the microwave), and you don't have to sacrifice taste or quality. Pick some up at your local Walmart, they're right near the bacon!
Jimmy Dean Meat Lovers Simple Scrambles® are our favorite! This one is packed with 23g of protein, made with two real eggs, cheese, sausage, and bacon!
- Wake up giving thanks. Yes, each and every morning, be thankful for everything in your life. Starting your day off by being thankful will result in a trickle down of happy thoughts for the entire day.
- Pick your outfit out the night before. If you are anything like me, you always have NOTHING to wear. Try choosing your outfit the night before. Open your closet, dig around, pull out the clothes you plan to wear, lay them out so they are ready to go and then just walk away. You've made a choice which will save you a ton of time and anxiety in the morning!
- Be productive. Are you a person who likes to start their days off with a win? It's quite common to wake up, ready to work. Start your days off with answering some emails, or doing laundry. Anything that makes you feel as though you have already accomplished something. If you like to be busy, be busy!
Mornings, on their own, can be quite tough for anyone but by following these steps listed above, hopefully it will help in giving you an outline and a few ideas of ways to better jumpstart your days. Embrace each and every morning with a positive outlook and you will find that your days will also start to become more positive as well!