Pulled Pork Barbecue is one of my favorite meals. What’s not to love about it? And, when made in the slow cooker, it’s super easy! You’ll be able to pop dinner in early in the day and it’s ready for you at dinnertime. The kids love it (though Owen doesn’t eat buns, so he just takes a spoonful full of meat), so that’s always a win in my book.
When you make Pulled Pork, be sure to invite some friends over. It’s a great snack on slider buns or you can use full-size buns for a larger sandwich. I just love sliders because they’re cute and you can eat a couple of them.
If you’re looking for an easy meal for your family for dinner, something to make for company coming over, or a dish to bring with you to a party, these pulled pork sliders are perfect!
- 1 lb pork loin
- 1 small sweet onion, minced
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 slider rolls
- 6 slices of American cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, garlic, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, honey, water, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the minced onion.
- Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add the pork, turning to coat it in the barbecue sauce mixture.
- Set the slow cooker on low for 4 - 6 hours until the pork tenderloin is fork tender.
- Use two forks or meat shredders to pull the pork apart.
- Butter and grill the slider buns.
- Top each bun with pork and a slice of American cheese.
- Serve immediately.