This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BlackberryAffair #CollectiveBias
My love for all things blackberry stems back to my childhood. My grandparents had a big backyard full of fruits and vegetables. My favorite growing up was always the blackberry bushes. They were in the very last row of the garden and we would always head out with baskets to fill them up. For some reason, my basket always took extra long to fill.
When I saw the new Canada Dry® Blackberry Ginger Ale, I had to grab it! Of course, I've been drinking it, but then I thought how awesome it would be to make Blackberry Cake Pops with it!
If you've never made cake with soda, get on that! It's so easy and delicious you'll wonder why you didn't do it before!
- 1 can Canada Dry® Blackberry Ginger Ale
- 1 box white cake mix
- ½ cup white frosting
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
- white candy melts
- purple or lilac candy melts
- white and purple sprinkles
- cake pop sticks
- Preheat oven according to box cake mix instructions.
- Mix Canada Dry® Blackberry Ginger Ale and unprepared cake mix.
- Pour cake mix into greased baking pans and bake according to directions.
- Allow cake to cool and crumble.
- Using a blender, combine frosting and berries.
- Add blackberry frosting mix to crumbled cake and combine. (You can use a spoon, but your hands work best.)
- Using a small scoop, form cake into even-sized balls.
- Melt about 10 candy melts according to package.
- Dip cake pop sticks into melted candy and push about halfway through cake balls.
- Place cake pops into freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Melt candy melts (you'll need them deep enough to dip the entire cake pop).
- Dip cake pops into candy melt and place on parchment paper lined plate.
- Top with sprinkles. (Candy melts harden quickly, so you'll need to sprinkle them after each one or two are dipped.)
Canada Dry® Blackberry Ginger Ale is a seasonal product available in 2 Liter bottles and 12 pack cans at Ahold stores (Giant Food, Martin's Food Market, and Stop & Shop) from March-May 2016.
These blackberry cake pops are perfect for a party, but don't forget to bring drinks with you, too! I love that Canada Dry™ brings feel good refreshment to casual gatherings because it’s made with real ginger!
I know you're thinking these look like they take a ton of time to make, but they really don't! If I can do it with two little ones running around under my feet, you definitely can!
And, if you have little ones itching to help, they make great sprinklers!
It's springtime and that means there are a ton of baby showers, bridal showers, and other parties to attend. I know I have a few planned and these are super cute for a party!
What are some of your easy entertaining tricks?