Did you go crazy baking cookies for the holidays? We always end up with way more than we'll eat. I've found several ways to use up those leftover cookies, like using the crumbs for pie crusts or mixing cookie chunks with yogurt for a fun parfait. One thing I knew everyone would love is a Gingerbread Cookies and Cream Bar!
They're made just like crispy rice cereal treats, but with cookie crumbs instead of cereal! You could make these with a mixture of random leftover cookies for an awesome surprise treat!
Of course, I enlisted my mini Chefs to help! I love that this is a no bake recipe and only requires a microwave, so kids can help the whole way through.
Both boys love using our little manual food processor. It worked great for turning our leftover gingerbread cookies into crumbs!
And a few marshmallows may have disappeared while we were chopping our cookies.
- about 3 cups of chopped or ground gingerbread cookies
- 5 cups marshmallows
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Place cookies in food processor and pulse until ground to your liking. Large chunks are fine.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt marshmallows and butter in microwave about 2 minutes. They'll be puffy when you remove them from the microwave.
- Add your ground cookie crumbs and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture to a foil-lined 8×8 inch pan and allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Cut bars into 12 rectangles.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Homemade Maple Yogurt Recipe // Courtney's Sweets
- Jello Play Doh // Momma Lew
- Best Baked Oatmeal Recipe with Apples and Pears // Baby Loving Mama
- 3 Bean Chicken Chili // We're Parents
- Spicy Shredded Beef Quesadillas // Frugal Novice
- Easy Salmon Recipe That Kids Will Actually Eat // Eating Richly
- Homemade Chicken Nuggets // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Kid Safety Tips for Kids // Step Stool Chef
- Avocado Stuffed Potatoes // Vegging at the Shore
- Gingerbread Cookies and Cream Bars // Mom's Messy Miracles
- Applesauce Muffins // O'Boy! Organic
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Snowflakes // Can't Google Everything