Need a yummy cookie recipe that doesn’t involve the oven? These Chocolate Peppermint No Bake Cookies are exactly what you’re looking for!
One of my favorite things to do around the holidays is make a bunch of cookies. Honestly, we never need the crazy amount of cookies that we make, but I do it for the memories. That time spent together around the kitchen table is what it’s really all about for me.
While candy canes may seem specific to the holiday, I think they’re great for the whole winter season!
If you’re having a cookie day and making a bunch of different cookies throughout the day, you’ll want a no bake cookie option to get more done at the same time!
No Bake Cookies are perfect for the kids to help make! They can pretty much do the entire recipe by themselves, with just a little guidance!
All that is required is a little bit of stirring on the stove top, which we let the kids do with a stool to help them reach.
I remember making no bake cookies in middle school Home Ec, but I don’t think that’s even a thing anymore, right? Lucky for my boys, they’re getting cooking skills at home!
- 3 cups quick oats
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 8 Tbs salted butter
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- Crushed candy canes
- In a medium saucepan combine butter, cocoa powder, milk, sugar, and chocolate chips.
- Stir constantly until chocolate chips are melted and mixture begins to boil. Allow mixture to boil for 90 seconds.
- Remove from heat and add peppermint extract.
- Fold in oats until completely coated and drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a piece of wax paper. Sprinkle immediately with crushed candy canes and allow to set for at least 1 hour.
- Store in fridge in an airtight container for firm cookies. You can also leave them out at room temperature but it will result in a slightly softer cookie.