Easy dinner ideas are always a plus in our house. Between everyone's crazy schedules, we need an arsenal of quick and easy dinners that can get food on the table without a lot of effort.
This steak sandwich is simple, yet delicious. Add a nice salad and you have the perfect combo to make a great lunch or dinner.
This recipe, like our Salsa Steak Sandwich, is very versatile and can be changed to suit your needs. There are no set amounts of each ingredient, because you can make one sandwich, or 10! Add more or less of any ingredient to make it your own!
I think one of the things that really make this sandwich special is the homemade Basil Mayo! Yum!
The kids can help whip up the Basil Mayo and I'm sure they'll gladly help assemble the sandwiches for dinner! I love things like this that the kids can help with because there's really no wrong way to do it!
- Rolls, cut in half
- Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- Tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup mayo
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients in a bowl.
- If you have any left over, keep in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and use promptly.
- For a fresher flavor, use finely chopped fresh basil instead of dried basil.
- Add salt and pepper to both sides of the steak of your choice.
- Drizzle with olive oil and rub it in on both sides.
- Grill for 4-7 minutes on each side, depending on how you like it done.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak into strips.
- Add basil mayo to both sides of rolls.
- Add steak slices.
- Top with tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.