Warmer weather means all the fresh fruits and veggies from the farmers markets! I am so excited to share this delicious Blackberry Peach Upside Down Cake that's going to be a new summer favorite!
My grandmother used to make Pineapple Upside Down and that was always my favorite dessert growing up. I really love the versatility of these upside-down cakes.
And who doesn't love a dessert that comes together so easily?
After your brown sugar mixture is ready, arrange all those fresh blackberries and peaches evenly over it in the pan or skillet.
Mix your cake batter and pour it over the fruit in the pan.
After your cake is baked, loosen it by running a knife around the edges and immediately invert the cake over a serving platter.
Grab a fork and dig in!
- 1½ stick butter 12 tbsp
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 pints fresh blackberries
- 16 oz sliced peaches
- 1½ stick butter, softened
- 1½ cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- In 12-inch iron skillet, melt 1½ stick of butter. Add brown sugar and heat, stirring constantly until it starts to bubble and the sugar is thoroughly combined with butter. (If using a baking dish, melt butter in microwave, or on stovetop stirring brown sugar in and heat again until bubbly. Pour into pan.)
- Arrange blackberries and peaches evenly over brown sugar mixture in skillet or pan. Set aside while mixing batter.
- Blend together flour, baking powder, and granulated sugar. Set aside.
- Mix 1½ sticks butter on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- Pour cake batter over fruit in pan and place on center rack of preheated oven.
- Bake for approx. 55 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven. Loosen cake by running a knife around the edges. Immediately invert the cake over a serving platter.