This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
Can you believe it’s already November? That means that Halloween stuff is being clearanced out and all of the Holiday goodies are being put up!
To me, the holidays are all about getting together with friends and family. Being able to enjoy yummy treats together is a big part of that! My stores haven’t quite finished getting the Holiday items up, but I know many already have. One of my favorite things about the holidays is all of the themed food that comes out.
I wasn’t able to find the Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix yet, but I know within the next few days they’ll be everywhere! For this go around, I used the regular Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Cake Mix.
- 1 cup 2% Great Value Milk
- 1 packet hot chocolate
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- ½ cup M&M's® Holiday Milk Chocolate
- ½ cup M&M's® Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Make your hot chocolate with milk instead of water and allow to cool.
- Mix Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix, eggs, oil, and cooled hot chocolate until well combined. You can use a mixer if you'd like, but I usually just mix by hand for a few minutes.
- Spray jelly jars (small mason jars) with cooking spray.
- Fill jars about ⅓ full.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Put both varieties of M&M's® in a plastic baggie and crush them. A rolling pin works great.
- Scoop out about ¾ cup Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting into a microwave safe dish and microwave on high for about 30 seconds. Remove and stir.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of heated frosting over cakes in jars.
- Add a few mini marshmallows and top with broken up M&M's®.
So even though the cake mix is not chocolate, you pick up plenty of chocolate flavor by using hot chocolate instead of water when making the cake. Make sure you get any of the chocolate that didn’t get mixed in and sunk to the bottom. That’s the extra yummy stuff!
With both varieties of M&M’s® on top, you get a nice punch of holiday colors!
You’re going to want a big glass of cold milk with these Mini Hot Chocolate Cakes!
I know in our house we go through quite a bit of milk. That’s not always the case in every house though. One in every six children rely on Feeding America food banks each year. Even though milk is the most requested food item, there are hungry children and families in your community that are missing out on the essential nutrients supplied by milk because it’s not typically donated to food banks. My in-laws work at the local Boy Scout camp and they recently had a lot of milk leftover after an event. They called up one of our local food banks and they were able to come with a truck and pick it up. I can only imagine the blessing that was for those families.
You can pick up everything you need at Walmart, including the new M&M’s® Hot Chocolate! They’re a delicious dark chocolate! Just by purchasing 2 bags of M&M’s at Walmart (9.4 oz bags or larger), up to a gallon of milk will be donated to the drive! Candy for you and milk for those who need it most!
For a small donation at pourmilklove.com The Great American Milk Drive will deliver a gallon of milk – and all of the essential nutrients, including protein, that it provides – to a family in need in YOUR local community. The Great American Milk Drive is the first-ever national program to help deliver milk to hungry families who need it most!
Be sure to check out more delicious holiday baking recipes. I’d love to hear about your favorite holiday recipe!