This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
Football and sliders go hand-in-hand! I love making yummy bite size food for the football game. Sundays are meant for family and in our house, that means church in the morning followed by game time and I don't just mean our team. We love to watch any game that's a good game. Now that we're in our new house, I'm hoping to have more football gatherings and all the tailgating (or homegating) apps that go with it!
For the best homegating party, I suggest keeping it pretty simple and allow guests to put together their snacks the way they like them. Things like nacho bars, slider stations, and drink stations make things easier on everyone, the hostess especially.
Of course, these delicious Hot Sauce Fried Chicken Sliders are perfect for any day at any time of day.
I like adding an extra kick of flavor to my food with El Yucateco®. El Yucateco®, the #1 authentic habanero hot sauce, is made from habaneros hand picked from their own fields. These sauces deliver a rich flavor with just the right amount of heat.
El Yucateco® is giving entrants the chance to win one-of-a-kind tailgating and homegating packages and MORE!
Making these sliders is super easy. I mean, who wants something difficult for a snack?!?
- 1 lb thin sliced chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- ½ cup El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero Hot Sauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- slider rolls
- Cut chicken into 2-3 inch pieces.
- Combine buttermilk and hot sauce.
- Place chicken pieces into large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour buttermilk-hot sauce mixture over chicken and seal bag.
- Place chicken in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Allow chicken to come to room temperature (about 30 min).
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a large flat bowl.
- Pour extra hot sauce mixture into large bowl.
- Dip chicken into hot sauce mixture.
- Coat chicken in flour.
- Repeat for extra crispy chicken.
- Place coated chicken on wired rack and allow to rest a few minutes.
- Add ¾ inch of oil to cast iron pan and heat over medium-high.
- Cook chicken (3-4 pieces at a time) for about 4-5 minutes on each side and golden brown.
- Serve on a slider or dinner roll with yummy sauce!
I made two yummy sauces with delicious flavor, but pack a bit of a punch. You can use these sauces to top your chicken on your sandwich or serve them alongside to dip. Both work well with the hot sauce fried chicken, but I think the Hot Apple Butter sauce is perfect for the fall!
To speed up your game day prep, make these dips/sauces ahead of time and store them in the fridge.
You can also make the chicken before game time and keep them warm on low in the oven.
Hot Apple Butter
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
Sweet & Spicy Mayo
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
While I used the Red Chile Habanero hot sauce in my recipe, any of the El Yucateco® sauces would be great! There are so many flavors and varieties to choose from, you're sure to find one that is perfect for your dish!
I also grabbed the Green Habanero hot sauce, XXX Habanero Hot Sauce (Kutbilik), and Black Label Reserve hot sauce at Walmart.
Check out more recipes packed with flavor and get your sauce game on!