When I was pregnant with Owen, I just wanted to eat salads. All day. Every day. I love all of the fresh veggies that come with Spring and Summer and a good salad is something I'm always ready to eat!
Unfortunately, for most people, a salad is not enough to consider it a meal. I think salads are a perfect side to serve with pasta, but for this dish, we're combining two of my favorite things: salad AND pasta!
If you're looking for an easy dish to bring to a summer bbq or family gathering, look no further! This creamy chicken caesar salad with pasta is a great addition.
To serve this for dinner, I'll do fresh bread or even some garlic bread.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked until al dente and rinsed with cool water
- 6 large leaves Romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes
- 4 green onions. sliced
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, diced
- 1½ cups croutons
- Using a small bowl, mix together all ingredients starting with the mayonnaise through the Worcestershire sauce.
- Toss half of the dressing with the pasta and allow to cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Mix in remaining ingredients including the remaining dressing and serve.
Did I mention that the kids will gobble this down, too? It's not like your giving them a big plate of salad! To them, it's pretty much like mac & cheese, but with some chicken and veggies! We'll call that a Mom-Win!