I will be receiving a gift certificate to shop the sale and share with you all about Just Between Friends, but my love of consignment shopping and selling is all my own.
Driving around on a weekend right now, you see plenty of yard sales. I tried going to a few this past weekend and failed miserably. Like anyone that has children, we have a ton of things that are outgrown or simply not used anymore. I’d love to plan our own yard sale, but it’s really too much work for what I get out of it. That’s why I was so excited to find out about Just Between Friends of Middletown/Dover. They have seasonal sales where everyone can buy and sell gently used children’s items and maternity clothes.
Middletown Fall 2014 Sale (FREE PASS)
September 6th & 7th
Louis Redding Middle School
201 New Street, Middletown DE 19709
Consignor drop off is Sept 5th 6-9pm
Dover Fall 2014 Sale (FREE PASS)
October 11th & 12th
Polytech High School
823 Walnut Shade Rd. Dover, DE 19901
Consignor drop off is Oct 10th 6-9pm
Why Consign with Just Between Friends?
- The average consignor check is around $325!
- You don’t have to lug all your stuff outside to set-up a yard sale.
- JBF does all the advertising for you! You don’t have to hang posters up directing people to your house!
- You don’t need to be there! You drop your items off before the sale and pick them up when it’s over.
- If you volunteer (become a Team Member), you’ll make more money!
- Consignors get to shop before the public, which means better deals for you as a shopper!
- You set your own prices, so you determine how much your items are worth.
- You won’t be haggled and talked down in price.
- Oh, and if you’re too busy to tag your own items or just don’t feel like, there’s a Valet Tagging program (you’ll make slightly less, but to some this is totally worth it)!
- You’ll get more for your items. At a yard sale I expect to pay .50 – $1 for an item, but at JBF I’ll pay $2 for that same item because I know it’s been checked over for tears, stains, and excessive wear.
- Just Between Friends is well-known for high-quality items, so people won’t worry about buying from there (you)!
- You don’t have to worry about people coming to your house for a yard sale or meeting people somewhere from one of the facebook consignment groups.
- JBF uses a barcode tagging system. This makes it quick and convenient for people to shop and easy for you to track your sales!
- If you choose to donate your unsold items, they stay in your community! They’ll be donated to help moms and kids in need.
- If you want your items back, they’ll be sorted and ready for you to pick them up after the sale.
- Once your items are tagged, you can resell them at the next sale- no need to retag.
- Just Between Friends is a sale just for everything related to raising children! Your audience will be there to buy what you’re selling! (Not like yard-sales, you know you’ve done a drive-by while looking for kid’s items)
- You won’t need to fight your child while someone else is trying to buy their old toys!
- Get rid of a lot of items at one shot! Clean out those closets, attics, and basements!
- It’s easy!