Star Wars: The Force Awakens is officially in theaters! I know, I know… there are plenty of people that saw it last night, but today is the actual release date.
I need to tell you a fun fact: When Charlie sees R2-D2, he insists it’s Chopper. It took us awhile to figure out what the heck he was talking about, but then it clicked. Chopper is C1-10P on Star Wars Rebels (which is the Star Wars that he knows) and does resemble R2-D2. He still has a couple of years before I think he’ll really be able to sit through the real Star Wars.
To celebrate, I want to share a super simple craft with you! You know they’re my favorite kind! I knew I wanted to make some soap with my new essential oils and what better than some Star Wars shaped soap?
I don’t claim to be a soap maker and I know there’s a serious art to it, but our Star Wars soaps turned out awesome!
- Cut about 12 oz of your soap base into small chunks.
- Melt in microwave safe dish for about 30 seconds, stir and heat another 30 seconds if needed.
- Separate into smaller dishes if you would like more than one color or scent.
- Add colorant (a few drops will do) to make color to your liking and stir. I think the darker colors show the details better.
- Add a few (about 3-5) drops of essential oil to your dyed melted soap base and stir to combine evenly.
- Pour into molds.
- Allow to cool a couple of hours or place in refrigerator for about an hour. (Note: Placing soap in refrigerator will likely lessen your fragrance, so maybe a drop or two extra of oil to combat that.)
See? I told you it was easy! I made several variations already!
If you’re throwing a Star Wars party, these would make great party favors. I would just be sure to have a tag saying they are soap so they’re not confused with something edible.
We’ll be using them this year as Stocking Stuffers for the boys and attaching some of our DIY Star Wars Soaps to our gifts for the cousins. To do this, just pop one or two in a clear favor or treat bag and tie it up.
For more great Star Wars crafts and recipes, check out the list below! There are 15 fun Star Wars ideas from some of my favorite Blockbuster Bloggers!
Darth Malt Milkshakes from Around My Family Table
Death Star Whoopie Pies from Bread Booze Bacon
Star Wars Glowstick Lightsaber Party Favors from Home.Made.Interest.
Set of DIY Star Wars Shirts from The Love Nerds
Tie Fighter Cookies from Celebrating Family
Quick and Easy Princess Leia Cinnamon Rolls from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Light Saber Pretzel Rods from Lady Behind The Curtain
Stormtrooper T-shirt from Liz on Call
DIY Star Wars T-Shirt Tote Bag from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
Star Wars Inspired Bento Box from East Valley Mom’s Guide
Yoda Soda Float from Sugar & Soul
Light Saber Mocktails from Whimsicle
Intergalactic Bark from Pink Cake Plate
DIY Star Wars Soap from Mom’s Messy Miracles
DIY Lightsabers from Life Anchored
Do you have a Star Wars fan that would love these DIY Soaps?