On any given day you can usually find at least 2 whole chickens in my freezer. When they’re on sale, we’ll grab a few to stock-up. A small whole chicken will cost us about $4 when they’re on sale and we’ll get at least 2 meals for out of it for the hubby, the toddler, and myself. The first day we’ll just eat the chicken however it was cooked (usually in the slow cooker). Then later that night I’ll pick the rest of the chicken for another meal.
One of my favorite leftover chicken dishes is a chicken pot pie, but with biscuits.
You will need:
- 1 pouch Progresso Recipe Starters cooking sauce – Creamy Roasted Garlic (I had a can in the pantry, but they’re pouches now)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup cooked chicken (chopped, shredded, diced- whatever you have)
- salt, pepper, any extra seasoning you want
- Freezer Biscuits
- Heat oven to 425°.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, using a wire whisk, mix together the cooking sauce, flour, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper until smooth
- Add vegetables and heat to boiling. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in chicken.
- Pour into glass dish. (I use a 2.75 qt. dish)
- (Optional) Put shredded cheese over the top.
- Top with freezer biscuits.
- Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 min.
How do you use your leftover chicken?