I’m all about the easy these days. Our Ham & Cheese Potato Pancakes are perfect for a quick breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Of course, this whole recipe is a breeze with the help of Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hashbrowns because the potatoes are already shredded and seasoned! Simply Potatoes are simply made with always fresh, never frozen potatoes that go from farm, to fridge, to fork.
I decided to use the Southwest Style this time, but the regular hash browns will be great, too!
- 1 (20-ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hashbrowns
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ¼ lb cooked ham, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp oil
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cheese, flour, eggs, onion and ham. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Over medium-high heat, heat oil in a large skillet.
- Scoop spoonfuls of potato mix for each pancake into skillet and flatten with spatula.
- Cook about 2-3 minutes, until golden brown on bottom.
- Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
I think these potato pancakes are perfect topped with a little sour cream, but ranch dressing would also be delicious!
If you’re looking for a tasty side to enjoy with soup this winter, they’d be great for that, too!
Ham and Cheese is just one of those classic combos that I really love to put into everything. Try our other Ham & Cheese recipes: