I’m always down for an easy meal and these sheet pan chicken fajitas are a big hit! Being able to throw everything right on a pan and pop it in the oven allows me to do everything else I need to do in the evenings without slaving over a stove.
As a mom, that’s #goals, right?
- 3-4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fajita or taco seasoning
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange sweet bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow sweet bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green sweet bell pepper, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, to finish
- Cilantro, optional garnish
- Sour cream, optional garnish
- Cheese, optional garnish
- Tortillas, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Chop vegetables and place on a cookie sheet or casserole dish.
- Add the chicken and sprinkle taco seasoning all over.
- Drizzle with olive oil and then toss to fully coat the chicken and veggies.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with lime juice.
- Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes as you prepare your garnishes.
- Slice the chicken into strips and serve in tortillas with your choice of garnishes.
You can throw all the toppings and garnishes on the table and everyone can make their fajitas just the way they like them. Our favorite toppings are cheese, sour cream, and salsa! Yum!
Pick up some fun taco holders for the kids! Okay, maybe the adults, too!
For the kids, I always buy the large tortilla shells, 9 inch, so that I can completely wrap them like burritos and it keeps everything inside nice and (somewhat) neat for the little ones.
Of course, you don’t need to pop this chicken fajita mix into tortillas. You could just eat with a fork or even serve over some cooked noodles if that’s more your style.