We always have fruit on hand in our house. The problem is, sometimes it doesn’t get eaten before it starts to go. I hate to waste anything, so I try to make the best out of whatever it is. If I give Charlie half a banana and he doesn’t want the other half and I don’t feel like eating it, in a freezer bag it goes. If we end up with 2 extra bananas when they’re past their prime, in the freezer they go. This recipe was made with bananas from the freezer and strawberries that were just about ready to be pitched.
Everything’s cuter in mini-size, right? And… you never feel as guilty eating 6 mini-muffins as you do multiple regular size muffins.
You will need:
- Grazia Silicone 24 Cup Mini Muffin Pan
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 mashed ripe bananas (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs. Blend well.
- Stir in bananas and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to sugar mixture. Stir until combined- don’t overstir, you’ll wind up with tough muffins.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Spoon batter about 2/3 full into muffin pan.
- Bake mini-muffins for 10 minutes. If making full-size muffins, bake for about 18 minutes.
With the Grazia Silicone 24 Cup Mini Muffin pan, these were an easy treat to make! I finished with 36 mini-muffins that were the perfect poppable treat.
This mini muffin pan is completely non-stick, making it a breeze to clean. It’s safe in the oven up to 450°F. The really awesome part? It’s dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe! As a mom of two active (needy) little boys, I don’t have time to stand over my sink and scrub the baked on gobs. With this Grazia silicone pan, I do not have to worry about that at all! Toss it in the dishwasher and I’m done!
I will say that you need to use both hands while moving it because it’s very flexible and you don’t want to lose all those muffins! With that being said, you can imagine how easy it is to pop the muffins right out after they’re baked!No scraping the pan just to get your muffins out, no muffins broken in half while struggling. Grazia also makes a 12 cup regular size muffin pan.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.