This post is part of our partnership with Jenny Craig. I received promotional consideration.
Last month I went to Kentucky for a week to visit family and experience a fun girls getaway in Central Kentucky! If you’re following along, you know that I’ve been on a weight loss journey with Jenny Craig since January. Going away for a week would typically be an excuse to let loose and gobble up anything (and as much as) I’d like. This trip though, I did not want to lose the momentum I had and made a conscious effort while away.
Tips for Traveling While on Jenny Craig
- MAKE A PLAN – The first thing I did was tell my consultant I would be gone for the week. We talked about what I planned to do for meals while away and she gave me suggestions for my trip. Take a look at your schedule for the trip and take a peek at the menus of restaurants if you can so you’ll have some ordering ideas.
- BE REALISTIC – I did pack a full week’s worth of self-stable meals, but while away, it’s completely unrealistic that I would eat solely Jenny Craig foods.
- PACK WHAT YOU CAN – Depending on how you’re traveling, you may be able to bring a lot of food with you. Remember to pack healthy snacks like fruits and veggies that can hang out in a cooler or are good at room temperature.
- BE FLEXIBLE – Along with being realistic, you also need to be flexible. Things happen and not everything will go as planned. When you’re on-the-go, things come up and you may not be able to eat where you had planned or make it back to the hotel in time to eat your Jenny Craig meal. It’s okay! Load up on veggies and do the best you can!
- BE HONEST AND ACCOUNTABLE – Don’t be shy about your plan! Talk to others on the trip and let them know your weaknesses and they’ll be able to keep you motivated and on plan. On my Moonshine Mamas trip, I made a friend who is also on a weight loss journey and kept checking in on each other. While I’m not the best about keeping a food journal because I just cross things off my Jenny Craig weekly menu, I think it works great for travel! Writing down everything you eat will keep you honest and accountable.
- PACK THOSE WORKOUT CLOTHES – We all know we don’t stick exactly to plan while traveling. Make sure you pack some workout clothes and get in a little exercise to help burn off those extra calories!
- RELAX AND ENJOY YOURSELF – You’re traveling! It should be fun and you should be able to enjoy yourself. Try to remember that we’re supposed to eat for fuel. If you center every activity around food, you’re more likely to head down a path you didn’t plan for. Have fun doing activities! Don’t stress so much about staying on plan that you don’t have fun. Enjoy a good meal, but don’t go crazy!
The best thing about a weight loss journey is that every day is a new day! If you slip up or things don’t go as planned, just start again tomorrow! Enjoy your vacation and know that you can do it!