This is part 5 of 30 Things My Kids Should Know About Me.
1. My family. I love that my children have so much family nearby to grow up with. Both sets of grandparents are amazing and I’m so happy that they’re so involved already with the munchkins. To me, family is the most important thing.
2. Alone time for me. All day with two little boys is amazing, but sometimes Mommy needs to get away, even if it is just to the grocery store for an hour. It’s much needed alone time.
3. Alone time with Daddy. It doesn’t happen often, but it’s awesome when we get couple time. Sometimes that means sacrificing sleep to watch a movie after Sprout or Disney is turned off for the night, but that extra 2 hours is so worth it. We need that to refuel our connection. Happy parents = happy kids.
4. Being able to stay at home. This one is a constant battle for me. I’ve always worked and had my own money and socialization time. Although I miss those things, I LOVE that I get to watch my children learn and grown every day. I feel blessed beyond measure to be able to do this right now.
5. Sleep. I feel completely worn out most days. Mommy could use a little extra sleep at night (or a nap during the day would be amazing). Sleeping in (until 7am) really does make Mommy happy.