Summer is just around the corner and hopefully that means we’ll be getting to spend lots of time outside. I’m excited to share a great DIY project with you today that everyone will love!
With DIY Life Size Dice, you can do so many activities including: math with your kids, yahtzee, and farkle.
- Saw (Any)
- 2 Cans White Spray Paint
- 1 Black Sharpie
- 1 Can Spray Lacquer (optional)
- Sand Paper
- Wood: 1 – 4×4 (Cut 5 pieces that are 3 ½ x 3 ½ inches)
1. Begin by cutting your board into 5 cubes that are 3 ½ inches by 3 ½ inches.
2. Next, you will need to sand each cube with 150 grit sandpaper. This is simply to smooth any edges and to allow for a better paint look.
3. Once you are finished sanding, spray paint each one white. This may take two coats for optimum coverage.
4. Once your cubes have finished drying, you will use a round router bit (as shown in photo) to make your holes. Make sure to measure or use a guide so that your holes do not end up crooked. We used a measuring square and simply made small guide holes with a thumb tack.
5. Once your holes have been made, use your black sharpie to fill them in black.
6. Once the paint has finished drying, coat each cube with the spray lacquer if desired. This will allow it to last longer and protect it from moisture, etc. It will also give your dice a little shine!
Seriously, how fun are these?!? Bring them outside for everyday fun or pack them to bring to a backyard party, beach, or camping!