I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Dover International Speedway. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation at the conclusion of the program.
I grew up watching NASCAR on Sundays with my grandparents. We would come in after church, change our clothes and get ready for NASCAR and hot wings. I remember when I was very young I picked to root for #7. It was not entirely random, 7 was and still is my favorite number.
Years later, I do not follow NASCAR at all. I was, however, blessed with two little boys. You know what boys love? Cars. Cars going fast. Cars. Cars. Cars. You know what you find at NASCAR races? Cars.
We live an hour from Dover International Speedway. I've driven by hundreds of time, but I've never been inside. That changes this year. On October 4th, we'll be heading to Dover International Speedway for the AAA 400.
If you're looking for something fun to do that's out of the ordinary, Dover International Speedway has something for everyone! Be sure to enter the Monster Mile Sweepstakes at the bottom of this post for your chance to win tickets to the big event!
Since our boys are little (almost 2 and 4.5), I want to share what we'll be doing while at the Sprint Series Race at Dover.
- Time: 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- This family friendly environment is full of fun and popular activities that everyone can enjoy!
- Located outside of Turn 4
- Attractions such as racing simulators, face painting, prize drawings, moon bounces, show car displays, interactive games and rock climbing, and much more!
- Please visit this link for additional details: http://goo.gl/IMrxTm
Monster Mile Youth Nation
- Exclusive kids club for race fans age 14 and under
- Provides opportunities for young fans to explore the sport of NASCAR at Dover International Speedway.
- Annual membership costs $20 and includes exclusive race weekend access and benefits.
- Includes an autograph session on October 4, 2015 with drivers such as Martin Truex Jr., Kyle Busch, and David Ragan.
- Please visit this link for additional details: http://goo.gl/VsV3cf
- Time: 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Free, interactive displays will be set up in the FanZone (located outside of turn 4),
- Featuring games, free sampling, live music and more.
- Some focal points include a number of partners such as5-Hour Energy, AAA, M&T Bank, Lucas Oil, ACME, Camping World, Comcast XFINITY, the NASCAR Foundation, the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience, Toyota, USO Military Village and more!
- Please visit this link for additional details: http://goo.gl/KoeZKS
Something I think is really awesome about attending a NASCAR event is that it's truly a multi-generational outing. If my grandparents didn't live in Kentucky, I would bring my grandfather with us. There's just something that gives me butterflies thinking about cool things that my boys and my grandparents could share together.
So, while I'm not crazy about sitting around watching cars drive around in a circle for a few hours, the AAA 400 at Dover International Speedway is so much more than that! Just because you're not a NASCAR fan doesn't mean that you won't enjoy yourself! This is going to be a fun day for the family. I'm not sure how long Charlie will really sit down and watch the cars, but he will gladly partake in all of the fun activities: moon bounces, face painting, food and music!
Have you been to a NASCAR event?