#spon: I'm required to disclose a relationship between our site and Save-A-Lot. This could include Save-A-Lot providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.
We've been seeing a lot of great recipes for Meatless March and want to share one of our own! Whether you are a vegetarian, giving up meat for Lent, or are trying to cook more meatless options this New Year, these Fiery Shrimp Tacos are a dish you're sure to enjoy, especially if you like a little spice in your life.
Like most families, we're always trying to save money where we can. Save-A-Lot really allows us to get the most bang for our buck! You can fill an entire cart with groceries and only spend $100! Save-A-Lot is one of those stores I can go in and if Charlie decides he wants to add something to the cart, I don't complain. Most of what he wants to add is under $1, so he gets what he wants and it doesn't break the bank.
I found the shrimp (the most important part of our shrimp tacos) in the freezer section. There was quite a large selection depending on what kind of frozen shrimp you're looking for.
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 pound raw large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- Peel shrimp and remove tails.
- Combine ingredients in plastic bag and place in refrigerator to marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in skillet on medium-high heat.
- Dump your bag with shrimp and marinade into skillet
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side until shrimp is golden and crispy.
- Add coleslaw to tortilla, top with shrimp.
- Add shredded cheese if you like.
For the coleslaw, just combine the coleslaw mix with a just enough sour cream to coat, a few splashes of rice vinegar, a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper. Adjust to your taste.
This would feed 4 adults. It was enough for Tom and I to each have 2 tacos and the boys each had 1. We had leftovers for another taco or two, which is why I say it would feed 4.
I would serve this with rice, beans, or our Corn, Cucumber and Tomato Salad.