Since my mom is currently spending most of her time in bed or on the couch after her back surgery, we thought she'd like a few books to keep her busy. And not just any kind of busy, but uplift her spirits. She's had quite a few complications with the surgery and she's feeling pretty down. What mom couldn't use a little pick-me-up anyway?
If you grab mom a book, I'm sure she'll also love a handmade bookmark! I'm including a free printable to make this super cute bookmark, making for an easy last-minute gift if you need one!
- Cut your printed sheet into three.
- Get your paints out and grab your kiddo. We used washable kids paints, so that it's safe for them.
- Dip a finger into paint, put it in the middle of where you want your flower to be.
- Then with another color, put finger prints around the center dot.
- Kids can use their finger to make a line for the stem and a few leaves.
- Allow a few minutes to dry and then we ran them through the laminator. Don't forget to put their name and date on the back!
What are you doing for your mom for Mother's Day?