Owen's birthday party was yesterday and we went all out with the Minions theme. Don't worry, I'll have a whole post for you on all of our Minion Party fun! You know how much Charlie loves helping Mommy in the kitchen, so of course he had to help with his little brother's party!
If you're looking for a quick and easy cookie to fit your Minions theme party, but don't want to spend all day decorating them, these are definitely for you!
While Charlie was getting dressed for the day, I tossed some refrigerated sugar cookies (the break apart kind that are ready to bake) into the oven. I could have made my own, but it's been a crazy week here with our Beaches trip, Halloween, and Owen's birthday. I needed something quick and easy! After they were done and cooled, we were ready to decorate!
We just started letting Charlie use a butter knife, so the first thing he got to do was spread the bright yellow icing on the cookies.
After all of the cookies were iced, Charlie got to put minions faces on! We used some icing decorations that made the process super simple!
I let the decorated cookies sit out while we were at church so the icing would harden a bit. Before heading out to the party, I put each cookie in a small clear treat bag and used a twist tie to close them up! Seriously guys, it doesn't get much easier than this! For the party, I stuck a few of them in a cute Minions pail and put them with the desserts.
At Owen's party I was asked if I made these cookies. They looked great, tasted great, and most important of all: they were fun to make!
Our quick Minions cookies show you how simple and easy it is to get your kids involved in the kitchen. Something as simple as spreading icing and putting candy pieces on top of cookies is a great way to get started. I love how proud this boy is when he helps create something!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 10 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Don't have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries // Courtney's Sweets
- How to Make Banana Pancakes // Eating Richly Even When Your Broke
- Apple Pie Floats // Momma Lew
- Spiralized Vegetable Noodle Salad with Ginger Dressing // Vegging at the Shore
- Super-Easy Salsa // Frugal Novice
- Quick Minions Cookies // Mom's Messy Miracles
- Applesauce Making With Kids // O'Boy Organic
- Leftover Halloween Candy Peanut Butter Cup Granola Bars // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Easy Chicken Salad // Can't Google Everything
- Chocolate Chip Muffins // We're Parents
- Chocolate Chip Banana Cake // Baby Loving Mama