I have to admit, when someone first told me they put brown sugar on their carrots, I was floored. I mean, why would someone do that?
I just knew I would hate it. I love savory things and the idea of turning my carrots sweet was outrageous to me.
Here's the thing: I was wrong. These are delicious.
Making a side dish in the slow cooker is a no-brainer, really. There is always so much going on in the kitchen during the holidays. Having a dish that you can throw together and not have to worry about until dinner time is a huge win!
Honey and brown sugar glazed carrots are a great addition to your holiday spread this year or anytime you need an easy and delicious side.
My kids eat carrots, but I know even kids that do not normally eat carrots will likely eat these slow cooked carrots. That's because they're just sweet enough to put a different spin on the normal carrot recipe.
- ¼ cup water
- 2 pound bag baby carrots - rinsed
- ½ stick butter - cut into 6-8 slices
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Chopped dill - for garnish
- Pour the water into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the carrots, butter, brown sugar, honey and salt.
- Place lid on top and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Remove slow cooker lid and stir carrots. Place lid back on and cook for an additional 1-2 hours.
- Transfer the glazed carrots to a bowl or serving platter.
- Garnish with fresh chopped dill.