I received product to facilitate this review, but all opinions are my own. Affiliate links included.
I have a Kindle Fire and an iPad mini, but Charlie (like most children I’m sure) seems to think that all of our tablets belong to him. VTech’s newest learning tablet, the InnoTab MAX, allows him to have a tablet just like Mommy!
The VTech InnoTab MAX has it all: games, a camera, music, videos, and more!
VTech is known for their awesome products for kids and the InnoTab MAX fits that bill! Geared to kids ages 3-9, it’s a tablet that kids can really grow with. Like our tablets, this one can connect to the internet via Wi-Fi. The internet is a scary place for kids, but VTech has pre-screened sites that are safe for my munchkin.
I think kids now can just pick up a tablet and figure it out pretty quickly and this was just like any other. Click the icon and figure out what you like.
As a parent, I love the built-in rechargeable battery. This is something that we would need to purchase to save on batteries. Nothing is worse than running out of batteries and having a screaming kiddo.
I really like the removable cover and attached handle. For little hands, the handle is a must to prevent drops. The cover works as a stand and helps protect the screen (another money-saver for mom).
The apps aren’t going to break you either. There are plenty we will be purchasing. Something I noticed while downloading our two free apps is that there are apps teaching foreign languages, advanced math, and other advanced concepts. This truly is a tablet that Charlie will use for several years! I had a hard time deciding which apps to download immediately. Charlie is able to make a wish list of what he really wants though and it will be sent to me to purchase for him as I want. We can still use most cartridges (we’ll be reviewing a couple next week) that were used in other InnoTab systems.
Some additional specs about VTech’s InnoTab MAX (Ages 3-9 years, MSRP: $109.99):
- VTech’s 4th generation kids’ learning tablet features its fastest processor yet with up to six times the processing power of previous generation and a 7” high-resolution multi-touch screen display
- InnoTab MAX features an enhanced 2nd generation version of Premium VTech Kid Connect™, at no additional charge, allowing children and parents to exchange voice and text messages, photos, drawings and fun stickers in real time between the tablet and a smartphone
- InnoTab MAX offers the best of both learning worlds with access to more than 650 educator-endorsed, age and stage appropriate learning titles as well as carefully cultivated educational Android apps that can be purchased and downloaded through VTech’s Learning Lodge® app store
- The tablet comes with 15 onboard apps including Premium VTech® Kid Connect, My Magic Beanstalk, Movie Maker, Art Studio, Wonder Cam Max, E-Reader with Story Dictionary and more
- InnoTab MAX also comes with one free Toca Boca app and two additional free apps that can be downloaded from the Learning Lodge
- Other InnoTab MAX features include a built-in rechargeable Lithium battery and kid-safe Wi-Fi so kids can explore appropriate online games, videos and websites that have been pre-selected by VTech
- Parental controls allow parents to manage their child’s apps, web access and tablet time, as well as view a progress log
Who this is for:
The packaging says ages 3-9, but because of some of the advanced apps, I can see the age range going higher.
What we love:
I love the Wi-Fi that is kid-safe. I love the built-in carrying case and the included rechargeable battery. I really love the longevity that this tablet will have with the boys.
What we don’t love:
My only complaint is that it seems a bit slow. You can add more memory with an SD card, so we might try that to speed it up.
Connect with VTech:
Thanks to VTech, one Mom’s Messy Miracles reader will win a VTech InnoTab MAX! How would you like to cross this awesome gift off your list?
For more great gift ideas, visit the Holiday Gift Guide!