This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelightfulMoments #CollectiveBias
We’re two weeks into September, which means it’s officially time for Pumpkin everything! I know some people were waiting for September 1st to partake in all of the pumpkin goodies, but I’ve been ready for all things fall and that means pumpkin!
This is the time of year when things slow down and we get back into a routine. That means being able to sit down and eat a yummy breakfast on the weekends since Daddy’s not rushing off to work quite as early in the morning.
Our first taste of pumpkin this year was in these Pumpkin Pie Spice Waffles. They are perfect for a fall morning breakfast!
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Add coffee creamer, eggs and pumpkin. Beat until fully combined.
- Heat waffle iron and spray with non-stick baking spray if needed.
- Pour batter onto waffle iron. This will vary depending on your waffle iron. Remember that waffles will expand out when baking, so try not to overfill.
- Close iron and cook for about 3 minutes. Most waffle irons will tell you when ready. They'll be slightly crisp.
- Remove from waffle iron and top with chocolate chips if desired.
- Serve with syrup or whipped topping.
The secret to these Pumpkin Pie Spice Waffles is the International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer. I actually grabbed the Fat-Free & Sugar-Free version of the Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer and it worked great.
They are heavy, very filling, and delicious. The Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee creamer gives them that perfect amount of pumpkin pie spice flavor without being too overwhelming with the pumpkin.
As I said in the recipe above, the amount of batter you pour on will depend on your waffle iron. I put about a cup of batter into the middle and it expands out when you close it to cook. I have a four-section one, but I won’t tell you what kind because I’m not loving it. I will say make sure you get one with removable plates! I love making waffles, but I do not love cleaning this waffle iron.
International Delight has four seasonal flavors of coffee creamer out right now:
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: Creamy swirl of season spice flavors inspired by pumpkin pie
- Peppermint Mocha: A rich taste of chocolate meets festive peppermint flavor
- Frosted Sugar Cookie: The sweet taste of home in a rich, creamy swirl inspired by cookies and frosting
- White Chocolate Raspberry: Smooth white chocolate flavor and the luscious taste of ripe raspberries
Although I’m not a coffee drinker, the hubby is!
The International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer brings that fall flavor to any coffee! I have to admit I’m really excited about the seasonal flavors for my hot chocolates this year.
Our Walmart had all of the fall flavors of International Delight in one of the bunker type coolers that are in the middle of the aisles.
Check out the demo list to see if your store will be having a demo of the new fall flavors! Select stores will have demos available 9/17 – 9/20.
If you’re really ready for all things fall, you can find more delicious fall recipes here.
What are some of your favorite fall recipes?