I have partnered with Hormel Foods as part of their Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me with material and yummy food, all opinions are my own. Affiliate links are included.
I love SPAM. I know, I know. Most people have this attitude about it before they even try it. My favorite Hormel product is actually SPAM, so I knew what recipe I'd be sharing when a box arrived with SPAM. February's box had it, so now I'm sharing one of my favorite breakfast dishes that makes a great breakfast for dinner meal too!
Spam, Taters & Eggs is a dish my father used to make often, then it became one of those special breakfasts that I requested. Before we were married, Tom hadn't had SPAM, but I made him try it. Now, Spam, Taters & Eggs is my Christmas morning tradition that I have created in my house. Of course, we have it frequently just because and it really does make a great meal any time of day.
- ½ can of Original SPAM
- 1 large potato
- 6 eggs
- 1 small onion
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat oil skillet over medium-high.
- Dice potato into small cubes and add to skillet.
- Cover and cook about 5 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, dice SPAM into same size cubes as potatoes.
- Turn down to medium heat.
- Add to skillet.
- Dice onion and add to skillet.
- Keep covered and cook until onions are soft and SPAM has slight browning. (about 5 minutes)
- Add pepper as desired.
- Shift everything to one side.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs then add to empty side of skillet.
- As eggs start to cook, combine everything together.
This is definitely one of my favorite comfort foods and really fills me up in the morning. And I know it's a winner because both boys eat it.
Are you a SPAM fan? How do you like to eat it?